The last razor you will ever buy. The CaliWoods Classic Stainless Steel Razor is completely plastic-free and makes shaving a breeze. Perfect for Men or Women.
Say hello to low waste shaves and goodbye to plastic – used blades can also be taken back for re-purposing.
1 x Stainless Safety Razor
(Also available in Eco Lux Copper)
5 x Stainless Steel Blades
1 x Blade Return Envelope
- Simple screw mechanism and two top holding plates – super durable and there are no parts that will break.
- Plastic free. No more disposable plastic shavers filling our landfills and oceans – just replace the blades.
- Total Health can take back your blades. Use, Dry, Post, Repurpose. Once you have 40 or more blades, simply post them back to us. We accept them even if they are from another brand.
- Choose from two colours; Stainless Steel or copper.
- Unisex! Great for Men’s and Women’s shaving.
- Refill blade packs available.
TOP TIP: Use gentle pressure – let the weight of the stainless steel do the work for you!
Instructions For Use:
1. Unscrew the head of the razor from the handle.
2. Place blades between he two top plates, holding by the blunt edges.
3. Screw the handle back on and shave away! REMEMBER! Use gentle pressure – as the stainless steel is heavier than plastic razors.
4. Replace the blade when it goes blunt.
5. Rinse the Razor after each use of the soap, hair and gunk and let dry.
The Technical Details:
- Stainless Steel Razor is made from Type 304
- Copper Razor is made from Stainless Steel Type 304 and has Copper electroplated within the stainless. The Copper isn’t a layer and cannot ‘come off’.
- Dimensions – 9.4cm Handle, 4.4cm Blade Holding Plate
- Secure screw in blade with 2 top holding plates for durability and safety. The blade is held tightly between these two plates. This is better than Butterfly mechanism razors – they don’t last as long when the screw mechanism fails.
FAQ’s About Using A CaliWoods Stainless Steel or Copper Safety Razor:
Can I use the Safety Razor for underarms and bikini area?
Yes! Safe for the strawberry and cucumber areas.
I’m nervous about using one. How do they work?
Just like a normal razor. There are razors on two sides of the head. Simply use a light drag across the skin for all shaving needs. See safety below.
How safe are they? Will it cut me?
These safety razors are as safe as a razor can be. Please note that you will not need to push the razor onto the skin like you do with a plastic one, simply let the weight of the stainless steel do the job with a light drag along the skin.
How do I replace the blade?
You unscrew the head of the razor from the handle, place blades between he two top plates, holding by the blunt edges. Screw the handle back on and shave away!
How often do I replace the blade?
On average this is every fifth shave, less for thick hair, more for fine hair.
Is it as good as a plastic razor?
Better! As it is more durable, will be the last shaver you ever buy and has a great close shave.
Are the Safety Razors good for men, women or both?
Yes! Great for both the guys and the girls.
Will my Safety Razor rust?
The Holding Plates and Handle of the Razor will not rust. The blades may rust after a time given they are often stored wet. When this happens simply give any rust a generous rub with a towel, or an emery cloth.
Why should I make the switch?
Say hello to awesome, low waste shaves and goodbye to all those plastic razors and refill heads. Not only will you be reducing your waste but the using a CaliWoods Safety Razor will save you money too – all you need to replace is the blade!
Can I use regular soap?
Yes. The shaver is made from Stainless Steel so soap will not damage it and there will be enough suds to make it work well. For the face some people might prefer a thicker shaving cream. We recommend that you rinse the shaver well after each use.
How many blades does each razor come with?
You get 5 blades with each Razor just to get you started. We recommend buying a Razor Blade Refill Pack at the same time your order your Razor. These means you won’t run out of razor blades quickly, you maximise on shipping as well as reduce shipping packaging and courier carbon miles.
Are there any tips and tricks so I master these low waste shaves faster?
Don’t push with the shaver like you do with plastic ones. The weight of the stainless steel means a gentle drag will give you a close shave. Getting used to the angle at which you hold the razor is key. After a couple of shaves you will get the hang on it!